Teruel International Airport is an industrial-aeronautical HUB, located on the EUROPEAN AEROSPACE INDUSTRY, and it is recognized as the aeronautical platform of Teruel, PLATA.
The hub is ideal for its industrial-aeronautical capabilities with the following characteristics that define it unique:
- 340 hectares for airport development
- The biggest MRO platform in Europe
- Space for at least 250 long-term aircraft parking
- A free-congestion international airport
- Easy access to all services and high quality employees
- Great place to stablish Base for Business and Aerospace Aviation activities
PLATA is owned by a Consortium formed by the Government of Aragon and Teruel City Council, and it does not belong to AENA Group. It is designed to be an open platform in a strategic location where aeronautical companies around the world could base their operations in a very competitive conditions.
Near Toulouse, Teruel is located between the largest cities in Spain: Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Zaragoza and Bilbao (60% of Spanish GDP and more than 20 million people in the 400 km surroundings).
PLATA is an appropriate Aero-Industrial site, offering to the companies the most favorable opportunities for locating and expanding their aeronautical and aerospace business.
In addition, PLATA is well known for its leadership and expertise in maintenance, MRO, parking and recycling for aircraft and helicopters. PLATA is also endeavoring new business for executive and general aviation, UAV-RPA research & developments, and other aerospace activities.
Moreover, it is noteworthy the modern airport infrastructure, its flexible features allowing in future the possibility to expand to passenger traffic and air cargo, as an alternative development for the Airport.
PLATA offers exceptional economical operating conditions for those companies willing to establish at the airport to carry out any aeronautical activity. The Consortium has advantages packages for landing fees, rental of camp, hangar rental and possibility to sale industrial land.
Investment and Incentives: The Government of Aragon offers incentives for those new companies willing to set up operations at PLATA, through investing in new activities, hiring and training new staff, and assistance with job-creation schemes, R&D and technological innovation activities, etc.
PLATA thanks all aviation sector companies for their support and interest. PLATA expects to continue growing at a steady pace to provide the best service to our customers.
Awards and recognitions:
- December 12, 2019, Excellent Award for thr Institute for Professional Excellence.
- November 21, 2019, Aeronautical Innovation Award at The III Technology and Innovation Awards of La Razón Newspaper, Grupo Planeta.
- June 2019, it was selected as a finalist in the Premios Aragón ecosistema de empresas y futuro (Aragon companies’ ecosystem and future Award) awarded by Heraldo de Aragón and Ibercaja.
- April 2019, it was finalist at the Premio Empresa Aragón 2019 Grupo Zeta (Grupo Zeta Aragon company 2019 Award).
- March 2019, Premio Empresa de Innovación 2019 (Innovation Company Award 2019) for its novel development.
- February 2019, Premio Mundial de Innovación, (Quality Innovation Award, QIA).
- January 2019, GD Alejandro Ibrahim receives the Aeronautical Merit Cross with a white badge by the Air Force, Ministry of Defence, Spain’s Government.
- The social responsibility seals of Aragon (RSA) have been obtained in 2016, 2017 and 2018+ with distinctive plus.
- November 2018, Premio Europeo a la Calidad en la Gestión Empresarial (European Business Quality Management Award) awarded by the European Economy and Competitiveness Association, AEEC.
- November 2018, Premio Nacional de Innovación, (Quality Innovation Award, QIA).
- October 2018, Business Management and Innovation European Award given by the AEEC.
- June 2018, Gold Medal of Merit at Work by the European Association of Economy and Competitiveness.
- Greetings from Real Aeroclub de España for the collaboration in the LXIV Air Tour of Catalonia organization, 9 June 2018.
- May 2018, recognition of collaboration at the University Polytechnic School of the University of Zaragoza.
- May 2018, Aragon Cluster Day with participation of the President of the Aerospace Cluster of Aragon, AERA, Alejandro Ibrahim Perera.
- May 2018, recognition for the continued support and collaboration of the Sub-Delegation of the Spanish Ministry of Defense in Teruel.
- June 2017, Appreciation for the collaboration in the organization of the XIV International Festival of Aeromodelling, Air Sports Aragonese Federation.
- 2018. Excellence Airport Award by Avion Revue.
- 2017 Aragon Executive Award from Aragon to GD Alejandro Ibrahim awarded by Executives Magazine.
- Revelation Company Award 2015 awarded by the Editorial Unit Group.